Canada Start-Up Visa Immigration Program
The Start-Up Visa (SUV) is a program offered through the Business Immigration stream to Canada. It targets immigrant business people and entrepreneurs, looking to establish an innovative business in Vancouver or any canadian city.
Successful applicants can use this program to obtain a permanent residency in Canada for themselves and their immediate family. It is one of the more popular immigration routes for business professionals seeking new opportunities in Canada.
Our Lawyers Specializing in Business Immigration are Ready to Help You
There are certain eligibility requirements to qualify for the SUV.
- You must have a qualifying business in an industry in high demand in Canada today.
- Up to five (5) people can apply as an owner of the business, and each must hold 10% or more of the voting rights attached to all shares of the company; and the applicants jointly with the designated organization hold more than 50% of the total voting rights attached to all shares of the company.
- At the time you receive your PR, there must be proof of business management, business operation and incorporation within Canada.
- You must secure the support from one or more designated organizations, who are approved to invest in start-up businesses.
- Designated Organizations are defined venture capital funds, angel investor groups or business incubators. Different organizations have their own criteria used to review proposals and assess applicants.
- Venture capital funds are required to invest a minimum of $200,000 and angel investor groups must invest a minimum of $75,000. Business incubators are not required to invest a minimum capital amount.
- You must provide proof of sufficient funds to start a business and settle in Canada
- The government of Canada will not provide financial support for SUV immigrants. During the application process, you must provide proof that you can financially support yourself and any dependants upon arriving to Canada.
- It is advised to have between $13,000 to $35,000 depending on the size of the applicant’s family.
- You must meet the minimum language requirements to be able to communicate with staff and operate a successful business.
- You must include a language test from an approved agency with your SUV application or it will be refused. You must achieve a minimum level of 5 of the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) in either English OR French in speaking, reading, listening and writing.
- If your English needs improvement, we can suggest courses for you to take prior to your application and help you achieve the minimum requirements.
How to get started
Book a free consultation with one of Titan Law’s business immigration lawyers in Vancouver today. We will assess your eligibility and help strategize your business immigration to Canada.
Once we’ve established that you are a suitable candidate for the program, Titan Law will assist you through the entire process, from creating a business plan to submitting the immigration application for you and your immediate family. We’ve got you covered!
Contact Titan Law today for your free business immigration consultation.