Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) Entrepreneur Stream
Overview of Ontario Entrepreneur Immigration Program
If you are an aspiring entrepreneur looking to establish or purchase a business in Ontario, the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) Entrepreneur Stream could be the perfect opportunity for you. This stream is designed to attract talented individuals who can contribute to Ontario’s economic growth by starting a new business or partnering with an existing one.
Our Lawyers Specializing in Immigration are Ready to Help You
Eligibility Criteria for OINP Entrepreneur Stream
To be eligible for the OINP Entrepreneur Stream, applicants must meet certain criteria. These include:
- Business Experience: You must have a minimum of 24 months of full-time business experience in the past 60 months as a business owner or senior manager.
- Net Worth: You must possess a minimum net worth of CAD $800,000 if your proposed business is located within the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) or CAD $400,000 if it is outside the GTA.
- Investment: You must make a minimum investment of CAD $600,000 if your business is located within the GTA or CAD $200,000 if it is outside the GTA.
- Job Creation: You must create at least two permanent, full-time jobs for Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
- Language Proficiency: You must demonstrate proficiency in English or French, the official languages of Ontario.
How Titan Law Can Help
If you are considering the OINP Entrepreneur Stream as a pathway to establishing or purchasing a business in Ontario, Titan Law is here to assist you. Our experienced immigration lawyers have a deep understanding of the program’s requirements and can provide personalized guidance to maximize your chances of a successful application.
Book a free consultation with our knowledgeable lawyers to discuss your eligibility for the OINP Entrepreneur Stream and explore how we can support you throughout the application process. Take the first step toward fulfilling your entrepreneurial aspirations in Ontario by contacting Titan Law today.
The EOI scoring system in OINP Entrepreneur Stream ranks candidates based on factors like net worth, business experience, investment, job creation, language proficiency, and adaptability. Higher scores increase chances of receiving an Invitation to Apply (ITA).
The process duration varies, but it generally takes 12 to 24 months. It includes EOI submission, Invitation to Apply (ITA), Business Concept Proposal (BCP), interview, due diligence, and finally, nomination.
Yes, family members (spouse, common-law partner, dependent children) can be included in the OINP Entrepreneur Stream application for permanent residency.
After a successful nomination, applicants become eligible to apply for permanent residence through the federal government. They must undergo medical and security checks and submit the required documentation.
Entrepreneurs receive support from the OINP’s Business Advisory Services, offering resources, networking opportunities, and guidance on business development, market research, and access to government programs. Local business associations and chambers of commerce also provide support and mentorship.